Island Peak is in the height of 6189 meter in Khumbu region of eastern Nepal. It is also known as “IMJA TSE” . It was name as Island Peak in 1953 as it apperas like to be an island in an ocean of ice from Dingboche. Later in 1983 it was named as Imja Tse but it is still known as Island peak.
we can add Everest Base Camp (EBC) trek for proper acclimatization. With this you can spend more time in Khumbu region. You will walk along the UNESCO World Heritage Site (Sagarmatha National Park).
For this trip, you need following things:
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System)
- Peak Climbing Permit from NMA
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit
You will travel from Tribhuvan Airport to the Lukla airport which is in the high altitude. This airport is know as the most dangerous airport in the World.
You will find a Tea-house for accommodation and food , which are run by the local families.
- Summit of Island Peak
- Popular Trek route in Nepal
- Amazing and breadth taking views of the Mountains
- Exploring the "Land of Sherpas"
- Experience the trek to Everest Base Camp.