Lhotse mountain which lies in south of mount Everest . It is fourth highest peak in world with 8516m height. According to the Tibetan language, the meaning of Lhotse is “South peak”.
Mt Lhotse and Mt Everest has same Base Camp. Not only the Base camp but both mountain shares the length up till the south col, on the way to Everest Camp IV .
Lhotse is well known afor its remarkable south face, the place that has been the site of failed attempts and some notable fatalities. Due to this reason , the peak is rarely attempted
- First climbed on May 18, 1956 by Swiss team of Ernst and Fritz Luchsinger
- Mt Lhotse and Mt Everest Share same Base Camp
- Climb from base camp to camp I is via Khumbu icefall, which is most dangerous section of the climb due to large presence of crevasses,deceptive uneven seracs and high objective danger of falling Ice
- the final summit is on a steep narrow gully along with mix of packed snow, ice and some rock.
The company will pick you up from the airport and drive you to the hotel.
Today we will spend most of our day sightseeing around some of the world heritage sites of Kathmandu valley. Meanwhile, the company will complete all the necessary paper works and make other preparations required for Lhotse Expedition.
After having breakfast in the hotel, we will fly to Lukla from Tribhuvan International Airport which is a 40 minutes flight. After a thrilling flight, we will start our trek down to Phakding. We will walk along the Dudh Koshi river and alpine forest which will take 3 hours walking around 7-8 kilometers.
After breakfast, we will make our way to Namche Bazaar. Walking uphill, we will pass Sagarmatha National Park along with sherpa villages. We will walk 7-8 kilometers which will take around 6 hours including all the stops to reach Namche Bazaar which is also known as the gateway to Everest.
Today, You will rest and prepare your body for the trek to high altitudes. You will explore Namche Bazaar with your guide and will also hike up to Everest View Hotel to catch the panoramic views of Mt. Everest.
On this day, Leaving Namche, We start our day following the trail to Tengboche. This route makes you feel like one of the most scenic hiking days which opens up the stunning views of Mt.Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Nuptse, and Lhotse. This route takes around 5 hours with a 10-11 kilometers walk.
After having breakfast, we will continue our journey to reach Dingboche. This route will be gaining high altitude with majestic views of mountains and deep valleys. The walking distance is 11-12 kilometers with around 5 hours of duration.
On this day, We will be getting closer to Lhotse Base Camp. This route becomes bare and covered with snow as we get near Lobuche. It takes about 5 hours with an 8-9 kilometers walk.
We will acclimate to high altitude on this day. We will explore the surroundings of Lobuche on this day.
We pass through Khumbu Glacier where we can find memorials of many climbers. Amongst them are the memorials of 6 Sherpas who had died in an avalanche. Across the Khumbu Glacier, we will reach the Changri Nup glacier and then to Gorekshep. This trail will be 11 km and will take about 5-6 hours.
- Arrival and departure transfers by private vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with BB-plan
- Kathmandu to lukla and return air tickets
- Trekking Permits and TIMS permits for the trek
- Trekking guide during the trek and climbing Sherpa while climbing
- Required porters and yak to carry luggage and other essentials supplies
- Special climbing permits and its procedure
- Garbage deposit fees
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs during the trip
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Nepal arrival visa fees
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Monument entrance fees while on Kathmandu tour only
- All snacks, energy drinks, mineral water, cigarettes, packed food soft and hard drinks
- Personal nature items, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Personal climbing gears